Weed cookies are possibly one of the simplest recipes you can find, and make a perfect way to spend a lazy weekend morning or afternoon.
Making cannabis edibles yourself is a fantastic way to experiment with different strains, quantities, and recipes, so you can make your own delicious baked goods just the way you like them.
As always, at CG Australia we advise you to know the legalisation rules where you live and to start with small doses when first trying edibles. The effects of edibles also may not kick in until at least 30 minutes after eating the edible. The effects from edibles can be stronger and last for longer (6-12 hours), so start small, and work your way up to your desired dose!
This easy recipe is simple and takes barely any time at all, so perfect for you weed cookies beginner bakers out there.
Decarb your cannabis first
To activate the THC or CBD in your weed, the cannabis flowers firstly require going through a process called decarboxylation (otherwise known as decarbing). Using the cannabis flowers without decarbing beforehand will not have the same effect.
Decarboxylation is fairly straightforward and can be achieved by putting the cannabis flowers on a baking sheet in the oven.
Pre heat oven to 115 Celsius. Weigh out your desired dose of cannabis flowers, break them up into small pieces and place on baking paper over a baking tray.
Cover with foil to keep in the flavour of the flowers and bake for around 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to sit, with the foil still on top, until it reaches room temperature.
Ok, so now you know how to decarb your weed, lets get on with the weed cookies recipe!
Ingredients (makes around twenty small cookies)
- 2 to 2.5 grams of cannabis (already decarbed and grinded)
- 125 grams of plain flour
- 65 grams of butter (can use cannabutter for stronger effect, or instead of ground cannabis flowers)
- 60 grams of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (can add more if desired, or use sultanas or nuts instead)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 Celsius.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add in the ground cannabis.
- Simmer on low heat for 30-45 mins to infuse.
- Strain the butter/ cannabis mix into a bowl and allow it to cool (so it doesn’t curdle).
- Add the salt, baking soda, egg and sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Slowly stir in the flour until you have a thick dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips or desired extras.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on an oven tray with baking paper. For softer cookies place in the fridge until cold, if not then they can go straight in the oven.
- Heat in oven for around 9 or 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little on the baking tray before enjoying!
We hope you enjoy making these cannabis cookies – happy baking!
Why not try making cannabis coconut oil next?! Great for all kinds of recipes!