AK-47 Growing Information
AK47 got its name in the early nineties as customers in the Amsterdam coffeeshops were falling off their stools 🙂 This is a very strong breed with high THC.
With the high Sativa component, AK47 provides a powerful uplifting high so it’s perfect for those who want to creatively ‘get stuff done’.
Because of its popularity, many strains have tried to copy which is a good indication that AK47 is the real deal for serious marijuana enjoyers. Here is a general guide for prospective growers;
- Type: 20% Indica 80% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: Very High, 19-23%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 1%
- Effects: Creative, Cerebral, Uplifting, Body high, Relaxing, Happy, Euphoric
- Used for: Sleep, Lack of appetite, Pain, Nausea
- Flavours: Sweet, Floral, Earthy, Sour
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 7 to 9 Weeks
- Yield: Large – up to 1000g p/m2 outdoors and 600 p/m2 indoors
- Height: Grows tall but easy to maintain when pruned, 170cm outdoors, or 80 to 140cm indoors
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Sunny and dry environment, 20 to 26 degrees Celsius
- Grow difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- AK-47 has a very aromatic scent to it, with woody, earthy tones, as well as a definite sour edge to the smell,
- Flavours are sweet and floral, but with a definite pungent taste as well. The smells and tastes are a gorgeous and complex blend of flavours.
- AK-47 has a bright lime-green appearance, with orange-red pistils. The trichomes (or crystals) that cover the buds and leaves can give the appearance of a frosty silver-white dusting to the buds.
- Smoking AK-47 can induce creativity, and leave users feeling a happy and uplifting high. This strain is definitely a mood booster and will give you a sense of motivation, helping you to stay alert, whilst also allowing for a long lasting mellow high, which can last up to 4 hours.
- This is a great strain to help with stress, and insomnia as it gives a feeling of relaxation and mellowness. AK-47 can also help with chronic pain, nausea, fatigue, and headaches. As with all high THC strains, those suffering from any mental conditions should use in small amounts, as not to make your symptoms worse.
- Adverse reactions such as cottonmouth and eyes can be a problem with this strain. Drinking plenty of water and taking eye drops should help with this problem. Other effects such as paranoia or dizziness are less reported with this strain.
- AK-47 is an easy to moderate grow, but it can be prone to mould and mildew. For this reason, if growing indoors make sure to have proper ventilation and if outdoors, make sure it’s in full sun with good air movement. You will want to control the odour with this one though – it has a potent smell!!
- Sativa-dominant hybrids such as AK-47 typically do not mind humidity, but this strain is an exemption, and it prefers lower than normal humidity levels for it to grow to its full potential.
- The humidity can be at 65-70% for the first two weeks of the vegetative stage, and then drop by 5% each week until it reaches 40-45% during the flowering stage. Two weeks before harvesting, the humidity can go even lower to 30-35%, making sure the temperature sits around 21 degrees Celsius.
- AK-47 likes a relatively mild to warm climate, but with plenty of sunshine. You also need to make sure the climate is dry rather than on the humid side. Choose a spot (if growing outdoors) with plenty of fresh air, ventilation, and room for the plant to grow tall.
- Temperatures should remain in the high 20’s (degree Celsius) during the vegetative stage and drop to around 20 degrees Celsius during flowering. Overnight temperatures should not go below 10 degrees lower than daytime temps.
- For those who live in a fairly mild and dry climate, you’ll get great results growing this outdoors. This strain also does very well indoors, and in a hydroponic system , or in soil. You can better control the temperature when growing indoors and be sure to keep that humidity down.
- AK-47 has a pretty quick flowering time of around 7 to 9 weeks. You can expect excellent yields and large buds from this variety.
- Outdoors, harvesting in Australia (Southern hemisphere) can take place all year round. For maximum yield, sow from SEP – DEC for harvesting in JAN – APR
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- In our cost effective hydroponic kits, we provide superior blend for use throughout the entire grow, with organic bud-burst at the beginning of the flowering phase right through to harvest. As bud burst is organic, this ensures a nice smooth, super clean tasting smoke that you will love!
- For a more typical (and more expensive) nutrient set-up we recommend Nutrifield Elements Grow A&B for the vegetative stage and Nutrifield Elements Bloom A&B for the bloom stage.
- For soil based growing, just make sure you use a high quality soil rich in organic matter such as compost and manure. Note that manure if high in nitrogen which you’ll want to reduce during the flowering stage.
- Your AK-47 strain will need consistent air flow and good ventilation, whether you are choosing the perfect spot for an outdoor grow, or are growing in an indoor grow room. They need air that is rich in oxygen, to help prevent respiration, deter any pests, and allow your plant to grow healthy and strong. Use fans to help circulate air, or if you can afford it, exhaust systems are an excellent choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cannabis seeds do not contain any illegal properties on their own and therefore can be considered an adult novely item useful for making oil and body care products, natural remedies etc. So yes, as far as we’re aware, the seeds on their own are completely legal in all Australian states. The germination of seeds for the purpose of cultivating cannabis may be illegal in your state. Learn more about current Australian legalization laws.
- Yes. We buy our seeds in bulk quantities from the best seed banks worldwide and cold store them here in Australia where they are packaged for distribution domestically. As you’re dealing with a legitamate Australian company this reduces your risk of international scams, shipping issues, customs confiscation etc. We take care of that headache for you!
- We utilize various packaging methods to ensure all orders make it through the post successfully with all seeds in tact (not crushed) ensuring any company naming info is generic and unrelated to cannabis naming conventions in any way. For example, the package may have an obscure generic name on the back (such as ‘irrigation parts’), mentioning nothing about seeds or any bio products.
- Our seeds are TOP QUALITY GAURANTEED! We only buy from highly reputable seed breeders and can vouch for every single seed sold. Our suppliers have exemplory testing and packaging processes to guarantee germination, however do note that germination of cannabis seeds may be illegal in your state. Check the Australian laws before purchasing. All seeds are inspected for quality and are generally less than 6 months old (depending on the strain). If your seeds do not germinate and you follow the germination guidelines, so long as you provide evidence you have followed the guidelines (ie. a photo/video showing the process) then we’ll replace the seeds free of charge.
- CG Australia
- We despatch seeds using registered post so that you can follow the tracking with the number provided. The sender details will be generic. In most cases, your seeds will be despatched next day from purchase and are coming from South East QLD.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).
Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure.
Cannabis seeds are sold as souvenirs for body care, genetic preservation or collective purposes only unless your local laws permit germination and cultivation. Users of this website are aware that some information, products and services of this website may be prohibited by law in some states of Australia. As such, our customers are obliged to inform themselves and comply with the laws in their state. Cannabis Growing Australia (The merchant) cannot be held responsible for any illegal activity conducted by it’s customers. All information on this website is intended for educational purposes only with no intention to promote any illegal activity in any way. The merchant reserves the right to refuse the purchase or cancel the order if any actions from customers are to the contrary of this disclaimer.