Another ‘Cali’ wonder, this fruity sensation was born in the California Bay area and is a combo of Girl Scout Cookies and Sunset Sherbet. With its desert-like, sweet taste and super strong THC, this strain is popular among the marijuana enthusiasts.
Gelato creates a balanced, mood-boosting high that is sure to help connect you to a deeper part of yourself. This is a very high THC strain. Grown with our preferred organic nutrients, you will ensure a very smooth fruity finish that is very pleasant, and clean.
- Type: 70% Indica 30% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: Extremely High, 20-26%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 1%
- Effects: Very strong body high, relaxing, calming, euphoric, cerebral
- Used for: Sleep, Lack of appetite, Pain, Nausea
- Flavours: Lemon, pine, sweet, chocolate, coffee
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Yield: Medium/Large 500 – 650g p/m2 outdoors and 425 – 450 p/m2 indoors
- Height: 180 to 220cm outdoors or 90 to 160cm indoors
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Love sunny, hot tropical environment and can handle lower evening temperatures around 20 degrees celcius
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- Gorilla Glue has a skunky, earthy aroma which can be pungent. There are also hints of pine, with top notes of chocolate and coffee, giving this strain an interesting and alluring scent.
- More of the coffee and chocolate taste comes through in smoking Gorilla Glue, as well as hints of sour apple and diesel. Add this to the pine and spicey notes, and the taste is quite delightful.
- This is a very sticky strain due to the resin on the buds. The flowers can be quite dense, with some leaves sticking out and many trichomes over the buds, which is what makes this strain so potent.
- This is a great strain for that end of the day relaxation, and to just sink into the couch and feel a sense of overwhelming calmness. Expecting an uplifting but relaxing all over body high with this one.
- Because of its deeply relaxing properties, this is often known to help those with muscle spasms, insomnia, and lack of appetite, as this strain will definitely give you ‘the munchies’. For those with conditions such as experiencing seizures, then a strain with a higher dose of CBD may be more suited to you.
- Also, for those experience mental issues such as depression or anxiety are advised to not take this in high doses, in case it makes them worse, due to the high THC content.
- A lot of users experience dry mouth with this strain, which can be helped by drinking plenty of water. As this is a particularly potent strain, making sure you eat before smoking is a good idea too. Taking to much of this strain may lead to an increase in paranoia, so always start small.
- Gorilla Glue seeds do very well when grown both indoors and outdoors. You may need a few pairs of scissors for harvest as this strain is known for its sticky buds! Hence the word ‘glue’ in the name.
- Indoors, just ensure you monitor the environment and keep a close eye on pests and disease so you can act quickly to rectify before it becomes a problem.
- We have developed an amazing stacking hydroponic growing system that can be used for indoor and outdoor grows. This kit is incredible value and comes with absolutely everything you need from start to finish with solar or electric power options.
- The Gorilla Glue strain loves a warm and dry environment, to help prevent against mould (particularly so during the flowering stage). Also, slightly cooler temperatures during the final stage can help increase trichome production.
- Temperatures of around 26 degrees Celsius are best for the vegetative stage, dropping to 23-24 degrees Celsius at the start of the flowering stage. Overnight, the temperature can drop by 10 degrees Celsius, but no lower than that, to ensure your plants do not become stressed.
- The relative humidity (RH) of Gorilla Glue should sit at 60%. Once the flowering stage commences, try reducing this to 45%. Gradually reduce the humidity levels until your plant is ready to harvest, until it reaches around 30 to 35% humidity.
- Gorilla Glue will flourish outdoors in a warm and dry climate, and will also grow quickly indoors, making the Screen of Green (ScrOG) technique particularly helpful, to increase yield. This strain does particularly well with a hydroponic system, and you will see fast growth. By using the ScrOG method, you can allow all of the plant to receive light, so the entire plant can thrive
- Flowering time takes around 8 to 9 weeks, and you can expect to see around up to 595 grams per plant outdoors, or 450 to 600 grams per/ metre squared indoors.
- This strain will be ready to harvest after approx 90-120 days outdoors
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- In our cost effective hydroponic kits, we provide superior blend for use throughout the entire grow, with organic bud-burst at the beginning of the flowering phase right through to harvest. As bud burst is organic, this ensures a nice smooth, super clean tasting smoke that you will love!
- For a more typical (and more expensive) nutrient set-up we recommend Nutrifield Elements Grow A&B for the vegetative stage and Nutrifield Elements Bloom A&B for the bloom stage.
- For soil based growing, just make sure you use a high quality soil rich in organic matter such as compost and manure. Note that manure if high in nitrogen which you’ll want to reduce during the flowering stage.
- Gorilla Glue is a thirsty strain, so will require lots of watering. It will not need a high amount of nutrients, particularly if you are using a rich, organic soil. Try adding in some potassium silicate-rich foods and organic matter. This strain will like a little extra potassium during the vegetative stage but remember not to overdo it.
- Adding in a little extra potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and sulphur will help during the flowering stage, to produce quality buds.
- Check you are using the correct nutrients for the growing medium you intend to use and add a little at a time. Monitor your plants carefully to make sure you are not providing too many nutrients (i.e., signs of nutrient burn). If you notice some signs, then adjust the amount of nutrients you add to your plants and keep a close eye on it.
- When harvesting Gorilla Glue, remove the large fan leaves as soon as you can after harvesting. Use rounded scissors that will trim nicely around the buds- you may need two pairs of scissors as this strain is very sticky. To rub off the resin from scissors, you will need to use rubbing alcohol, or white vinegar should do the trick.
- Feminised seeds ensure that the plant you will grow is female. Only the female plants can make the flowers and buds that produce weed (not male plants). By buying feminised seeds you can be sure that you have the best chances for a good harvest!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cannabis seeds do not contain any illegal properties on their own and therefore can be considered an adult novely item useful for making oil and body care products, natural remedies etc. So yes, as far as we’re aware, the seeds on their own are completely legal in all Australian states. The germination of seeds for the purpose of cultivating cannabis may be illegal in your state. Learn more about current Australian legalization laws.
- Yes. We buy our seeds in bulk quantities from the best seed banks worldwide and cold store them here in Australia where they are packaged for distribution domestically. As you’re dealing with a legitamate Australian company this reduces your risk of international scams, shipping issues, customs confiscation etc. We take care of that headache for you!
- We utilize various packaging methods to ensure all orders make it through the post successfully with all seeds in tact (not crushed) ensuring any company naming info is generic and unrelated to cannabis naming conventions in any way. For example, the package may have an obscure generic name on the back (such as ‘irrigation parts’), mentioning nothing about seeds or any bio products.
- Our seeds are TOP QUALITY GAURANTEED! We only buy from highly reputable seed breeders and can vouch for every single seed sold. Our suppliers have exemplory testing and packaging processes to guarantee germination, however do note that germination of cannabis seeds may be illegal in your state. Check the Australian laws before purchasing. All seeds are inspected for quality and are generally less than 6 months old (depending on the strain). If your seeds do not germinate and you follow the germination guidelines, so long as you provide evidence you have followed the guidelines (ie. a photo/video showing the process) then we’ll replace the seeds free of charge.
- CG Australia
- We despatch seeds using registered post so that you can follow the tracking with the number provided. The sender details will be generic. In most cases, your seeds will be despatched next day from purchase and are coming from South East QLD.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).
Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure.
Cannabis seeds are sold as souvenirs for body care, genetic preservation or collective purposes only unless your local laws permit germination and cultivation. Users of this website are aware that some information, products and services of this website may be prohibited by law in some states of Australia. As such, our customers are obliged to inform themselves and comply with the laws in their state. Cannabis Growing Australia (The merchant) cannot be held responsible for any illegal activity conducted by it’s customers. All information on this website is intended for educational purposes only with no intention to promote any illegal activity in any way. The merchant reserves the right to refuse the purchase or cancel the order if any actions from customers are to the contrary of this disclaimer.