Gorilla Glue Feminized Growing Information
This one is a definate couch locker so tread carefully! The famed Gorilla Glue strain is kinda famous amongst the Cali hip hop scene for it’s potent effects on avid consumers. Expect deep relaxation and a heavy, calm body high. Gorilla Glue is a cross between three strains – Chocolate Diesel, Chem’s Sister, and Sour Dubb.
Beginners may want to hold back a bit with this one. Gorilla Glue is one of the strongest strains out there maxing out at 26% of THC. (That’s alot!)
Gorilla Glue has one won several cannabis awards like the Michigan and Los Angeles Cannabis Cups in 2014, and the High Times Jamaican World Cup. A definate must for those who like stong bud!
- Type: 50% Indica 50% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: Extremely High, 20-26%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 1%
- Effects: Very strong body high, relaxing, calming, euphoric, cerebral
- Used for: Sleep, Lack of appetite, Pain, Nausea
- Flavours: Lemon, pine, sweet, chocolate, coffee
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Yield: Medium/Large 500 – 650g p/m2 outdoors and 425 – 450 p/m2 indoors
- Height: 180 to 220cm outdoors or 90 to 160cm indoors
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Love sunny, hot tropical environment and can handle lower evening temperatures around 20 degrees celcius
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- Gorilla Glue has a skunky, earthy aroma which can be pungent. There are also hints of pine, with top notes of chocolate and coffee, giving this strain an interesting and alluring scent.
- More of the coffee and chocolate taste comes through in smoking Gorilla Glue, as well as hints of sour apple and diesel. Add this to the pine and spicey notes, and the taste is quite delightful.
- This is a very sticky strain due to the resin on the buds. The flowers can be quite dense, with some leaves sticking out and many trichomes over the buds, which is what makes this strain so potent.
- This is a great strain for that end of the day relaxation, and to just sink into the couch and feel a sense of overwhelming calmness. Expecting an uplifting but relaxing all over body high with this one.
- Because of its deeply relaxing properties, this is often known to help those with muscle spasms, insomnia, and lack of appetite, as this strain will definitely give you ‘the munchies’. For those with conditions such as experiencing seizures, then a strain with a higher dose of CBD may be more suited to you.
- Also, for those experience mental issues such as depression or anxiety are advised to not take this in high doses, in case it makes them worse, due to the high THC content.
- A lot of users experience dry mouth with this strain, which can be helped by drinking plenty of water. As this is a particularly potent strain, making sure you eat before smoking is a good idea too. Taking to much of this strain may lead to an increase in paranoia, so always start small.
- Gorilla Glue seeds do very well when grown both indoors and outdoors. You may need a few pairs of scissors for harvest as this strain is known for its sticky buds! Hence the word ‘glue’ in the name.
- Indoors, just ensure you monitor the environment and keep a close eye on pests and disease so you can act quickly to rectify before it becomes a problem.
- The Gorilla Glue strain loves a warm and dry environment, to help prevent against mould (particularly so during the flowering stage). Also, slightly cooler temperatures during the final stage can help increase trichome production.
- Temperatures of around 26 degrees Celsius are best for the vegetative stage, dropping to 23-24 degrees Celsius at the start of the flowering stage. Overnight, the temperature can drop by 10 degrees Celsius, but no lower than that, to ensure your plants do not become stressed.
- The relative humidity (RH) of Gorilla Glue should sit at 60%. Once the flowering stage commences, try reducing this to 45%. Gradually reduce the humidity levels until your plant is ready to harvest, until it reaches around 30 to 35% humidity.
- Gorilla Glue will flourish outdoors in a warm and dry climate, and will also grow quickly indoors, making the Screen of Green (ScrOG) technique particularly helpful, to increase yield. This strain does particularly well with a hydroponic system, and you will see fast growth. By using the ScrOG method, you can allow all of the plant to receive light, so the entire plant can thrive
- Flowering time takes around 8 to 9 weeks, and you can expect to see around up to 595 grams per plant outdoors, or 450 to 600 grams per/ metre squared indoors.
- This strain will be ready to harvest after approx 90-120 days outdoors
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- This strain loves its food! Make sure it has all the nutrients it needs, particularly in the flowering stage, to help the buds become dense. Using soil is slightly more forgiving if you overdo it with the nutrients. If you are using a good quality soil, it will have a lot of nutrients in there already, so there is no need to add any during the seedling stage.
- During the vegetative phase you will need to give your plant twice as much nitrogen as phosphorus, and three times more nitrogen than potassium. The nutrient ratios to look for on the bottle will be either 6-3-2 or 18-9-6. You should also add in some sulphur, magnesium, and calcium.
- During the flowering stage, change the ratio so you are using up to three times more phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. Also continue to add in secondary nutrients such as iron, copper, and manganese. Make sure to use orgnanic Bud Burst during flowering all the way as this will ensure a smooth finish with no chemical taste. Amazing stuff!
- For organic grows, we recommend Aptus Baseboost organic nutrient with coco/perlite 70/30 ratio. This stuff is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way making it great value. Simply add the pellets to the coco as per the instructions and it will completely transform any inert growing medium into a powerful full spectrum grow media..
- When harvesting Gorilla Glue, remove the large fan leaves as soon as you can after harvesting. Use rounded scissors that will trim nicely around the buds- you may need two pairs of scissors as this strain is very sticky. To rub off the resin from scissors, you will need to use rubbing alcohol, or white vinegar should do the trick.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure. Fore more detailed growing information, see our in depth grow guide.