OG Kush Feminized
This classic marijuana strain has relatively little info about its precise origins, but some say it could be derived from the strains Chemdawg, Hindu Kush, and Lemon Thai. Popular on the West coast of the US, and indeed, around the globe, OG Kush is a stress busting strain, with a distinctive skunky, and spicey aroma.
OG Kush is the parent of many other well-loved cannabis strains, such as Girl Scout Cookies. There are also several phenotypes derived form this strain, such as Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG.
- Type: 75% Indica 25% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: Very High, 18-23%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 1%
- Effects: Very strong relaxing, calming, euphoric, cerebral
- Used for: Sleep, Lack of appetite, Pain, Nausea
- Flavours: Lemon, pine, spicy, earthy herbal
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8 Weeks
- Yield: Medium/Large 500 – 550g p/m2 outdoors and 425 – 475 p/m2 indoors
- Height: 180 to 220cm outdoors or 90 to 160cm indoors
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Love sunny, hot tropical environment and can handle lower evening temperatures around 20 degrees celcius
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- OG Kush has complex aromas and tastes, and smells somewhat like fuel, spice and earthy, with a similarly lemon-spice taste, as well as pine and hints of citrus.
- The appearance of OG Kush is the classic cannabis bud look, with natural green coloured leaves, bright yellowy-green sugar leaves and green and orange pistils.
- The high THC levels in this strain ensure there is a good coating of trichomes, giving this strain lovely snow-covered look.
- This strain will give you a full body high, which will make you feel both deeply relaxed and give a punchy euphoric sensation. The balanced high will uplift you but also allow a sense of calmness and tranquillity to wash over you, giving a fairly strong coach-locking sensation, and also the munchies!
- High doses of this could lead to dry mouth and eyes, as well as dizziness and paranoia (although the latter is mostly for beginners). When trying a high THC strain for the first time, always start in small doses.
- OG Kush is a great strain for those seeking some medicinal benefits and is known to help with a variety of ailments. It can help with inflammation, sleep, pain, stress, and depression. If using for a mental condition, do not overdo it as too much THC could lead problems to actually worsen.
- AOG Kush can be a moderately difficult grow due to its susceptibility to powdery mildew, mites and other pests. You will likely get best results growing this strain outdoors if you’re in a hot climate.
- Indoors, just ensure you monitor the environment and keep a close eye on pests and disease so you can act quickly to rectify before it becomes a problem.
- We have developed an amazing stacking hydroponic growing system that can be used for indoor and outdoor grows. This kit is incredible value and comes with absolutely everything you need from start to finish with solar or electric power options.
- OG Kush prefers hot, or tropical environments, but can handle lower evening temperatures. Keep the temperature at around 26.5 degrees Celsius during the vegetative stage, dropping to around 21 degrees Celsius whilst flowering. Night-time temperatures can drop to 10 degrees below daytime temps.
- Make sure the humidity goes no higher than 55% during the vegetative stage and gradually lower it during flowering, down to around 40% humidity.
- OG Kush will only do well outdoors if you live in a hot or tropical climate. If not, then you can easily grow it indoors, and it does particularly well in a hydroponic system growing with an 80/20 mix of coco coir to perlite. This growing medium ensures adequate moisture and oxygen at the root zone. As always, ensure you have the right type of nutrients.
- OG Kush has a flowering time of around 8 weeks. You might see a harvest of 500 to 550 grams per plant growing outdoors, or 425 to 475 grams per square metre indoors. Plants will grow short and compact and produce an average yield.
- When growing outdoors in the Southern hemisphere you’ll start your plants in September and likely be harvesting Dec then repeat! So you can expect multiple harvests per season after re-planting
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- In our cost effective hydroponic kits, we provide superior blend for use throughout the entire grow, with organic bud-burst at the beginning of the flowering phase right through to harvest. As bud burst is organic, this ensures a nice smooth, super clean tasting smoke that you will love!
- For a more typical (and more expensive) nutrient set-up we recommend Nutrifield Elements Grow A&B for the vegetative stage and Nutrifield Elements Bloom A&B for the bloom stage.
- For soil based growing, just make sure you use a high quality soil rich in organic matter such as compost and manure. Note that manure if high in nitrogen which you’ll want to reduce during the flowering stage.
- Some growers like to expose their OG Kush plants to enhanced levels of CO2, in order to get bigger yields. The air should hold 1200-1500 ppm of CO2 for this method to work, and you do this by using a CO2 generator. This can also strengthen the plant to resist higher temperatures, up to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Bud rot & powdery mildew are two problems that growers can face when growing OG Kush. These diseases can be prevented by ensuring plenty of ventilation if indoor and if outdoor, plenty of sun and less water during high humidity and rainy periods.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cannabis seeds do not contain any illegal properties on their own and therefore can be considered an adult novely item useful for making oil and body care products, natural remedies etc. So yes, as far as we’re aware, the seeds on their own are completely legal in all Australian states. The germination of seeds for the purpose of cultivating cannabis may be illegal in your state. Learn more about current Australian legalization laws.
- Yes. We buy our seeds in bulk quantities from the best seed banks worldwide and cold store them here in Australia where they are packaged for distribution domestically. As you’re dealing with a legitamate Australian company this reduces your risk of international scams, shipping issues, customs confiscation etc. We take care of that headache for you!
- We utilize various packaging methods to ensure all orders make it through the post successfully with all seeds in tact (not crushed) ensuring any company naming info is generic and unrelated to cannabis naming conventions in any way. For example, the package may have an obscure generic name on the back (such as ‘irrigation parts’), mentioning nothing about seeds or any bio products.
- Our seeds are TOP QUALITY GAURANTEED! We only buy from highly reputable seed breeders and can vouch for every single seed sold. Our suppliers have exemplory testing and packaging processes to guarantee germination, however do note that germination of cannabis seeds may be illegal in your state. Check the Australian laws before purchasing. All seeds are inspected for quality and are generally less than 6 months old (depending on the strain). If your seeds do not germinate and you follow the germination guidelines, so long as you provide evidence you have followed the guidelines (ie. a photo/video showing the process) then we’ll replace the seeds free of charge.
- CG Australia
- We despatch seeds using registered post so that you can follow the tracking with the number provided. The sender details will be generic. In most cases, your seeds will be despatched next day from purchase and are coming from South East QLD.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).
Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure.
Cannabis seeds are sold as souvenirs for body care, genetic preservation or collective purposes only unless your local laws permit germination and cultivation. Users of this website are aware that some information, products and services of this website may be prohibited by law in some states of Australia. As such, our customers are obliged to inform themselves and comply with the laws in their state. Cannabis Growing Australia (The merchant) cannot be held responsible for any illegal activity conducted by it’s customers. All information on this website is intended for educational purposes only with no intention to promote any illegal activity in any way. The merchant reserves the right to refuse the purchase or cancel the order if any actions from customers are to the contrary of this disclaimer.