Purple Glam Kush Feminized Growing Information
Purple Glam is a heavy Inidca strain that comes from the Oakland area of California, after combining Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani cross, and sheeesh, what a nice combo. It is up with the most popular medical varieties available in Californian dispensaries. The Indica dominance causes small, stout plants with some dense, rock-hard nuggety buds that emit a punchy aroma.
It has great therapeutic value and is proficient at easing and alleviating muscle stress and mind tension.
The plant is easy and beginner friendly to grow and is harvested 56-60 days of flowering. Purple Glam produces meaty harvests with dense, crystally, purple-colored flowers which emit a fresh grape toned scent.
- Type: 80% Indica 20% Ruderalis
- THC Level: Very High, 18-25%
- CBD Level: N/A
- Effects: Intense, long-lasting, relaxing, thought-provoking
- Flavors: Pineapple and exotic fruit taste
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8 – 9 Weeks
- Yield: Medium/Large 550g p/m2 outdoors and 850g p/m2 indoors.
- Harvest Month: September, October
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Love sunny, hot tropical environment
- Grow difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Aromas, Flavours and Appearance
- This strain is well-loved by weed connoisseurs due to its exciting fragrance producing a distinctive sweet grape taste with hints of pine and earth.
- The buds of Purple Glam Kush are dense, yet wide and airy with purple-colored flowers and leaf bases.
Effects and Usage
- This strain is popular for those who love to spend time outdoors. It is truly nice in nature.
- It is very popular amongst gardeners and beginning plant cultivators.
- Users will feel an easy bliss and warm, body-stoned effect that can often be pain relieving and great for therapeutic uses.
- The body high that you will experience with Purple Glam can help with issues like chronic pain, arthritis, and migraines. Its calm, uplifting and relaxation sensations can also help with stress or anxiety.
- Dry mouth & dry eyes are adverse effects of this strain (as most cannabis strains) and can be helped by drinking plenty of water and using hydrating eye drops.
- Purple Glam Kush is easy to cultivate and new-user friendly.
- It grows fantastic outdoors and indoors.
- Flows in under 55 days and is harvested in September or October.
- It is resistant to disease, pests, and bugs and grows to a medium height.
- Purple Glam Kush loves a moderately warm, sunny environment, around 21 to 29 degrees Celsius.
- It is great for indoor and outdoor grows, and an easy one for beginner growers to start with. It can also be more resistant to pests, disease, and bud rot than other strains. This strain is easy to maintain and quite compact when grown indoors.
Flowering, Yield and Harvest
- Purple Glam Kush flowers relatively quickly in around 8 to 9 weeks.
- In indoor environments it produces 450g – 550g p/m2. Outdoor environments produce much more with 750g – 850g p/m2.
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- This strain loves its food! Make sure it has all the nutrients it needs, particularly in the flowering stage, to help the buds become dense. Using soil is slightly more forgiving if you overdo it with the nutrients. If you are using a good quality soil, it will have a lot of nutrients in there already, so there is no need to add any during the seedling stage.
- During the vegetative phase you will need to give your plant twice as much nitrogen as phosphorus, and three times more nitrogen than potassium. The nutrient ratios to look for on the bottle will be either 6-3-2 or 18-9-6. You should also add in some sulphur, magnesium, and calcium.
- During the flowering stage, change the ratio so you are using up to three times more phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. Also continue to add in secondary nutrients such as iron, copper, and manganese. Make sure to use orgnanic Bud Burst during flowering all the way as this will ensure a smooth finish with no chemical taste. Amazing stuff!
- For organic grows, we recommend Aptus Baseboost organic nutrient with coco/perlite 70/30 ratio. This stuff is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way making it great value. Simply add the pellets to the coco as per the instructions and it will completely transform any inert growing medium into a powerful full spectrum grow media..
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure. Fore more detailed growing information, see our in depth grow guide.