Sour Diesel Feminized
Sour Diesel, otherwise known as Sour D, or Sour Deez, is a very popular cannabis strain across North America, that is widely known for its pungent smell, that defiantly has that fuel-like aroma. The effects of this strain can be very powerful, giving users an uplifting and energising high.
Sour Diesel is a sativa-dominated mix of 60% sativa and 40% indica and is thought to have originated from the strains Super Skunk and Chemdawg 91 (although this is not 100% known for sure). Created in California back in the 1990’s, it is now one of the most popular strains on the market for it’s eurphoric effects, unique flavour and strong high.
This Sour Diesel feminized strain has been meticulously crafted. It was not easy to find the right phenotype with so many variations of this strain on the market. These seeds will yield the most intense lemony petrol smell and characteristics of the original strain. This is one of the finest genetics on the open market, ideal for gardening enthusiasts who seek quality.
- Type: 40% Indica 60% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: Very High, 19-24%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 1%
- Effects: Very strong uplifting high, relaxing, long lasting, cerebral
- Flavours: Lemon, diesel fuel, sour, spicy
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Yield: Medium/Large 500 – 650g p/m2 outdoors and 425 – 450 p/m2 indoors
- Height: 180 to 220cm outdoors or 90 to 160cm indoors
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Love sunny, hot tropical environment and can handle lower evening temperatures around 20 degrees celcius
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- This pungent strain, smells of diesel and skunk, with top notes of lemon. The strong aroma and taste of this strain sure packs a punch, for those of you who are looking for a dark, strong, and funky taste.
- When smoking Sour Diesel, you will notice the fuel-like taste, as well as earthy, sour, and citrus notes.
- Sour Diesel has a typical ‘weed’ look to its buds, which are long and fluffy, with green leaves and subtle orange-pink pistils.
- The high you get from Sour Diesel comes fast and strong, giving users an energising, uplifting and happy high. It is also said to inspire creativity, as well as give a motivating energy. This is definitely a mood enhancer so one to try if you are experiencing stress, depression, or anxiety. It may also help you with pain and fatigue.
- Sour Diesel would be a great strain to get you up and motivated as it has uplifting qualities
- Adverse reactions to this strain include dry mouth (cottonmouth) and eyes.
- Sour Diesel is a cannabis strain suited to those who have a little experience, as it can sometimes be a challenging grow. You should also be aware that this strain is particularly pungent, so if you would like to conceal your cannabis growing, it may be difficult to control the aroma from your plants. Investing in an odour eliminator is a great idea.
- We have developed an amazing stacking hydroponic growing system that can be used for indoor and outdoor grows. This kit is incredible value and comes with absolutely everything you need from start to finish with solar or electric power options.
- Sour Diesel loves a sunny and warm environment, but if growing outdoors, then be aware this strain is prone to powdery mildew , so a dry climate would be best.
- Sour Diesel can grow pretty tall and lanky (being mainly sativa) when grown outside in the optimal climate, produces big yields.
- When growing outdoors, you must make sure you have to time to prune and tame your plant, or you may find it getting out of control! Because it flowers a little later, ensure your climate stays warm into April and May (Southern hemisphere) or October and November (Northern hemisphere).
- If growing indoors, you will need some strong grow lights and a dry room, with little humidity. Sour Diesel loves a fertile soil, whether growing indoors or outdoors. Be sure to prune your plant when growing indoors as it can grow quickly
- Also remember to keep an eye on the humidity levels of your plant. This strain should be kept at around 65-70% humidity during the vegetative stage and lower this by 10-15% in the flowering stage. Drop the humidity down an extra 5% during the nights of the flowering stage.y.
- Whilst you can certainly grow Sour Diesel indoors, a small grow space may not be enough, as this strain can quickly take off.
- Consider growing outdoors or in a greenhouse. It has quite late harvesting time when grown outdoors, but you will see larger yields. Give this plant room to grow!
- This strain does particularly well with a hydroponic system, and you will see fast growth.
- Sour Diesel typically takes around 10 to 11 weeks to flower, and you can expect to see around 510 to 600 grams for every plant when grown outdoors. When growing indoors you could see 475 to 525 grams per square metre.
- When growing outside, Sour Diesel will be ready to harvest after 100 days from seed in the Southern hemisphere, or early-to-mid October in the Northern hemisphere.
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- In our cost effective hydroponic kits, we provide superior blend for use throughout the entire grow, with organic bud-burst at the beginning of the flowering phase right through to harvest. As bud burst is organic, this ensures a nice smooth, super clean tasting smoke that you will love!
- For a more typical (and more expensive) nutrient set-up we recommend Nutrifield Elements Grow A&B for the vegetative stage and Nutrifield Elements Bloom A&B for the bloom stage.
- This strain loves its food! Make sure it has all the nutrients it needs, particularly in the flowering stage, to help the buds become dense. Using soil is slightly more forgiving if you overdo it with the nutrients. If you are using a good quality soil, it will have a lot of nutrients in there already, so there is no need to add any during the seedling stage.
- During the vegetative phase you will need to give your plant twice as much nitrogen as phosphorus, and three times more nitrogen than potassium. The nutrient ratios to look for on the bottle will be either 6-3-2 or 18-9-6. You should also add in some sulphur, magnesium, and calcium.
- During the flowering stage, change the ratio so you are using up to three times more phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. Also continue to add in secondary nutrients such as iron, copper, and manganese. Make sure to use our orgnanic Bud Burst Product during flowering all the way as this will ensure a smooth finish with no chemical taste.
- Sour Diesel can be a little tricky to grow, particularly if growing indoors. You may want to try the Low-Stress Training (LST) technique to direct more light to the lower buds.
- Feminised seeds ensure that the plant you will grow is female. Only the female plants can make the flowers and buds that produce weed (not male plants). By buying feminised seeds you can be sure that you have the best chances for a good harvest!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cannabis seeds do not contain any illegal properties on their own and therefore can be considered an adult novely item useful for making oil and body care products, natural remedies etc. So yes, as far as we’re aware, the seeds on their own are completely legal in all Australian states. The germination of seeds for the purpose of cultivating cannabis may be illegal in your state. Learn more about current Australian legalization laws.
- Yes. We buy our seeds in bulk quantities from the best seed banks worldwide and cold store them here in Australia where they are packaged for distribution domestically. As you’re dealing with a legitamate Australian company this reduces your risk of international scams, shipping issues, customs confiscation etc. We take care of that headache for you!
- We utilize various packaging methods to ensure all orders make it through the post successfully with all seeds in tact (not crushed) ensuring any company naming info is generic and unrelated to cannabis naming conventions in any way. For example, the package may have an obscure generic name on the back (such as ‘irrigation parts’), mentioning nothing about seeds or any bio products.
- Our seeds are TOP QUALITY GAURANTEED! We only buy from highly reputable seed breeders and can vouch for every single seed sold. Our suppliers have exemplory testing and packaging processes to guarantee germination, however do note that germination of cannabis seeds may be illegal in your state. Check the Australian laws before purchasing. All seeds are inspected for quality and are generally less than 6 months old (depending on the strain). If your seeds do not germinate and you follow the germination guidelines, so long as you provide evidence you have followed the guidelines (ie. a photo/video showing the process) then we’ll replace the seeds free of charge.
- CG Australia
- We despatch seeds using registered post so that you can follow the tracking with the number provided. The sender details will be generic. In most cases, your seeds will be despatched next day from purchase and are coming from South East QLD.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).
Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure.
Cannabis seeds are sold as souvenirs for body care, genetic preservation or collective purposes only unless your local laws permit germination and cultivation. Users of this website are aware that some information, products and services of this website may be prohibited by law in some states of Australia. As such, our customers are obliged to inform themselves and comply with the laws in their state. Cannabis Growing Australia (The merchant) cannot be held responsible for any illegal activity conducted by it’s customers. All information on this website is intended for educational purposes only with no intention to promote any illegal activity in any way. The merchant reserves the right to refuse the purchase or cancel the order if any actions from customers are to the contrary of this disclaimer.