Special Lime Haze Growing Information
This award-winning strain is a beautiful, zingy sativa-dominant strain from a combination of Lemon Skunk and Special Crystal Haze.
It holds a strong, sweet flavor of Lemon and Tea.
It has high THC levels (22-24%) making it a very powerful high and medicinally effective for treating pain and appetite problems.
It is a tall plant and yields large amounts of bud. Suitable for indoor and outdoor growth.
- Type: 30% Indica 70% Sativa
- THC Level: Very High, 22-24%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 0.3%
- Effects: Powerful, Physical, Cerebral, pain relieving, appetite stimulating.
- Flavors: Lemony, limey, zesty, Tea
- Dominant Terpene: Terpinolene
- Flowering Time: 8 to 10 Weeks
- Yield: Large, 850g p/m2 Indoor, 1300g p/m2 Outdoor.
- Height: Tall
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: Sunny and dry environment, 22 to 26 degrees Celsius
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- Special Lime Haze produces tall and branchy yields that often need support.
- Special Lime Haze smells strong with a zesty tinge.
- It has a bright lime-green appearance, with orange-red pistils. The trichomes (or crystals) that cover the buds and leaves can give the appearance of a frosty silver-white dusting to the buds.
- Its flavor is potent, Limey, Lemony and
- Special Lime is medicinally effective for pain reduction and appetite stimulation.
- Adverse reactions such as cottonmouth and eyes can be a problem with this strain. Drinking plenty of water and taking eye drops should help with this problem. Other effects such as paranoia or dizziness are less reported with this strain.
- Special Lime is harvested in the middle of October.
- Sativa-dominant hybrids such as Special Lime Haze typically do not mind humidity, but this strain is an exemption, and it prefers lower than normal humidity levels for it to grow to its full potential.
- The humidity can be at 65-70% for the first two weeks of the vegetative stage, and then drop by 5% each week until it reaches 40-45% during the flowering stage. Two weeks before harvesting, the humidity can go even lower to 30-35%, making sure the temperature sits around 21 degrees Celsius.
- Special Lime likes a relatively mild to warm climate, but with plenty of sunshine. You also need to make sure the climate is dry rather than on the humid side. Choose a spot (if growing outdoors) with plenty of fresh air, ventilation, and room for the plant to grow tall.
- Temperatures should remain in the high 20’s (degree Celsius) during the vegetative stage and drop to around 20 degrees Celsius during flowering. Overnight temperatures should not go below 10 degrees lower than daytime temps.
- Special Lime Haze has an average flowering time of around 9 to 10 weeks. You can expect reasonable sized yields and dense buds from this variety.
- Outdoors, harvesting in Australia (Southern hemisphere) can take place all year round.
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- This strain loves its food! Make sure it has all the nutrients it needs, particularly in the flowering stage, to help the buds become dense. Using soil is slightly more forgiving if you overdo it with the nutrients. If you are using a good quality soil, it will have a lot of nutrients in there already, so there is no need to add any during the seedling stage.
- During the vegetative phase you will need to give your plant twice as much nitrogen as phosphorus, and three times more nitrogen than potassium. The nutrient ratios to look for on the bottle will be either 6-3-2 or 18-9-6. You should also add in some sulphur, magnesium, and calcium.
- During the flowering stage, change the ratio so you are using up to three times more phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. Also continue to add in secondary nutrients such as iron, copper, and manganese. Make sure to use orgnanic Bud Burst during flowering all the way as this will ensure a smooth finish with no chemical taste. Amazing stuff!
- For organic grows, we recommend Aptus Baseboost organic nutrient with coco/perlite 70/30 ratio. This stuff is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way making it great value. Simply add the pellets to the coco as per the instructions and it will completely transform any inert growing medium into a powerful full spectrum grow media..
- Your Special Lime Haze strain will need consistent air flow and good ventilation, whether you are choosing the perfect spot for an outdoor grow or are growing in an indoor grow room. They need air that is rich in oxygen, to help prevent respiration, deter any pests, and allow your plant to grow healthy and strong. Use fans to help circulate air, or if you can afford it, exhaust systems are an excellent choice.
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure. Fore more detailed growing information, see our in depth grow guide.