White Widow Feminized Growing Information
White Widow is loved across the world and is one of the most popular strains worldwide. It is potent and should be used with caution for people who are new to Cannabis smoke. It carries anywhere from 15 – 25% THC levels. It gets its name from the blanket of white frosty trichomes that cover its dense flowers.
White Widow was delicately crafted from a beautiful combination of Brazilian Sativa Landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica.
It emits a beautiful scent of pine, citrus and fresh herbs, tasing earthy and woody, with a subtle dash of citrus and spices.
Grown with our preferred organic nutrients, you will ensure a very smooth fruity finish that is very pleasant, and clean.
- Type: 60% Indica 40% Sativa Hybrid
- THC Level: High, 15-25%
- CBD Level: Extremely low, 0.5 – 1%
- Effects: Very strong body high, relaxing, euphoric, mentally stimulating
- Used for: Used to aid with stress, anxiety and depression.
- Flavors: Earthy, Woody, Citrus, Spices
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering Time: 8 – 9 Weeks, and is ready for harvest in mid-October.
- Yield: Large – 950g p/m2 indoors. Outdoors it reaches 1100g p/m2.
- Height: It can reach to 6ft tall.
- Best grown: Indoors or outdoors
- Climate: White Widow loves a sunny, consistently warm and humid environment and can handle lower evening temperatures around 21 degrees Celsius.
- Grow difficulty: Moderate
- White Widow has a beautiful earthy and woody flavor with hints of citrus and spices.
- Its signature taste is accompanied with a stunning aroma of spices and fresh herbs.
- This is a very sticky strain due to the resin on the buds. The flowers can be quite dense, with some leaves sticking out and many trichomes over the buds, which is what makes this strain so potent.
- This is a great strain to kick back at the end of the day and enjoy the spice filled citrus taste with friends.
- It provides lots of energy and talkativeness but is also great to calm down alone.
- This is a great strain for that end of the day relaxation, and to just sink into the couch and feel a sense of overwhelming calmness. Expecting an uplifting but relaxing all over body high with this one.
- Because of its deeply calming properties, it is often known to help those with stress, anxiety and depression.
- It is commonly sold in dispensaries for therapeutic uses.
- A lot of users experience dry mouth and eyes with this strain, which can be helped by drinking plenty of water. As this is a particularly potent strain, making sure you eat before smoking is a good idea too. Taking too much of this strain may lead to an increase in paranoia, so always start small.
- White Widow seeds do very well when grown both indoors and outdoors. Outdoors will yield a larger amount. The buds are dense and very sticky.
- It grows best in sandy loam soil with a pH of 6.5 – 7.0. Coco coir is excellent as well.
- They need consistent watering.
- White Widow will flourish outdoors in a warm and dry climate, and will also grow quickly indoors, making the Screen of Green (ScrOG) technique particularly helpful, to increase yield. This strain does particularly well with a hydroponic system, and you will see fast growth. By using the ScrOG method, you can allow all of the plant to receive light, so the entire plant can thrive.
- Flowering time takes around 8 to 9 weeks, and you can expect to see around up to 950 grams per plant indoors, or 900 – 1100 grams per/ meter squared indoors.
- Check out our Aussie grow calendar for when to harvest outdoors in Australia.
- All Cannabis strains, require a full spectrum nutrient complete with the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium and the secondary nutrients and micronutrients like, calcium, Sulphur, hydrogen, magnesium, manganese, carbon, iron, zinc etc.
- This strain loves its food! Make sure it has all the nutrients it needs, particularly in the flowering stage, to help the buds become dense. Using soil is slightly more forgiving if you overdo it with the nutrients. If you are using a good quality soil, it will have a lot of nutrients in there already, so there is no need to add any during the seedling stage.
- During the vegetative phase you will need to give your plant twice as much nitrogen as phosphorus, and three times more nitrogen than potassium. The nutrient ratios to look for on the bottle will be either 6-3-2 or 18-9-6. You should also add in some Sulphur, magnesium, and calcium.
- During the flowering stage, change the ratio so you are using up to three times more phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. Also continue to add in secondary nutrients such as iron, copper, and manganese. Make sure to use orgnanic Bud Burst during flowering all the way as this will ensure a smooth finish with no chemical taste. Amazing stuff!
- For organic grows, we recommend Aptus Baseboost organic nutrient with coco/perlite 70/30 ratio. This stuff is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way making it great value. Simply add the pellets to the coco as per the instructions and it will completely transform any inert growing medium into a powerful full spectrum grow media..
- Towards the end of the flowering stage (approx 2-3 weeks to harvest) , remove the large fan leaves. This will help bring more light to the lower sections of the plant.
- When harvesting, feel free to harvest in stages with the top first (most mature) then the bottom sections 1 week later.
- Use rounded scissors that will trim nicely around the buds- you may need two pairs of scissors as this strain is very sticky. To rub off the resin from scissors, you will need to use rubbing alcohol, or white vinegar should do the trick
- Marijuana plants are either male or female. The male flower produces sacs or pollen designed to fertilize the female flower which produces white pistols designed to absorb the pollen. If no male plants are present in the growing area, than the female plant will just grow larger and larger flowers in search of pollen. These flowers are the cannabis buds that we all know and love. The male plants hold only minuscule amount of THC, while the female flowers are oozing with THC crystals (the good stuff). For this reason, marijuana growers are seeking only female plants in the grow room (unless they want alot of seedy buds).Feminsed seeds have been cultivated in a precise way so that the seed is genetically more likely to produce a female plant. Autoflower seeds automatically transition from the vegetative phase to the flowering stage without you needing to adjust their light exposure. Fore more detailed growing information, see our in depth grow guide.